Malde-Ware Methodology 1, 50-50 Platinum-Palladium, 50ml
Pre-sensitized liquid is unique to the Malde-Ware Process. This is Methodology 1 (warm) sensitizer with 50-50 Platinum/Palladium in 50ml. Can be used for up to 3 years from opening.
Highlights* Solution is already sensitized to UV light. Just brush or coat onto paper.
* 30% less mL used per Print than Develop Out Methods. (e.g. 1.3 mL per 8x10)
* Flexible Color Hues Based on Sensitizer and Paper Humidity.
* No Reversal (Burning) of Shadows During Over-exposure
* Higher dMax (Blackness of Black) than Develop Out Methods.
* Higher Fidelity, Less Noise.
* No Developer = No Black Spots on Your Paper
The Malde-Ware method, otherwise known as Print-Out Platinum-Palladium Printing, or the Ammonium Print-out was invented in the 1980s by Pradip Malde and Dr. Mike Ware. Their method related to the original ‘print-out’ platinum process of Giuseppe Pizzighelli from 1887, employs a better-behaved iron sensitizer. Ammonium ferric oxalate is substituted for the notoriously unstable ferric oxalate. Further, ammonium salts of platinum and palladium are used rather than potassium salts yielding a higher degree of chemical solubility while also producing more hydroscopic surface when applied.
You get a bottle containing 25ml of Malde-Ware Methodology 1a Sensitizer pre-mixed 1;1 with a 50/50 ratio of Platinum/Palladium.
|Product Type||Historical Process|
|Chemistry Type||Malde-Ware Premixed Pt/Pd Method 1|
This chemistry is compatible with Malde-Ware Printing Out Process platinum and palladium printing. It is reagent quality of exceptional purity.