Take a look at the following graphic to find your calibration score. What is the lowest number that you can just barely see?
- 1 – 9 Fantastic! Great job! You’re calibrated to print.
- 10 – 15 Good job – your calibration allows you to see some shadow detail, not all.
- 16 – 19 Better than most but you’re missing the very dark shadow details you are capable of adjusting if you could see them.
- 20-30 Not so good I am afraid…
- 31+ Poor. You’re missing the entire range of shadow detail which is what allows Piezography to exceed every other system.
The best bang for the buck in calibrator displays is the new Eizo CG222W which is a true 12 bit hardware calibrated display. Its a close to a Sony Artisan as you’re going to get for under $1,400. It can put you into the 1-9 range with a very good gray balance.