Take a look at the following graphic to find your calibration score. What is the lowest number that you can just barely see?
- 1 – 9 Fantastic! Great job! You’re calibrated to print.
- 10 – 15 Good job – your calibration allows you to see some shadow detail, not all.
- 16 – 19 Better than most but you’re missing the very dark shadow details you are capable of adjusting if you could see them.
- 20-30 Not so good I am afraid…
- 31+ Poor. You’re missing the entire range of shadow detail which is what allows Piezography to exceed every other system.
RBG values 0 – 63
The best bang for the buck in calibrator displays is the new Eizo CG222W which is a true 12 bit hardware calibrated display. Its a close to a Sony Artisan as you’re going to get for under $1,400. It can put you into the 1-9 range with a very good gray balance.