ARCHES®, which is constantly innovating, has developed a new formula for the ARCHES® Platine paper. It is designed to be used for platinum, palladium, cyanotype and all the alternative photographic printmaking processes.
These alternative processes are intended to make prints to the highest archival standards. Therefore the choice of paper for hand coating is critical.
ARCHES® offers photographers an optimum quality paper that compliments their work and assures longevity.
ARCHES® Platine’s new formula:
- still with no alkaline content (no calcium carbonate buffering is used as it is incompatible with alternative photographic processes)
- pH neutral to slightly acid
- with a smooth surface
- and an even whiter colour (no optical brighteners) that perfectly renders the contrasts and details in photographic images.
- The higher D-MAX results in deeper blacks.
- The paper is ideally sized to allow perfect coating.
- The absorption of the photosensitive solution, containing the platinum and palladium salts, should not require any additives.